Christian Education Coordinator, Ottawa, ON
St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church
Located in the heart of Ottawa, St. Andrew’s Church is a congregation of the Presbyterian Church in Canada. We have a healthy Christian Education program that serves our diverse and multigenerational congregation.
St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church is seeking a gifted individual to work part-time to oversee the creation, development, implementation, and improvement of programs for ages birth through adult. The successful candidate will have a vibrant and infectious Christian faith, a healthy understanding of Reformed tradition, training and/or experience in teaching and Christian Education, excellent interpersonal skills and a gift for leadership.
Position: Christian Education Coordinator 20 hours per week. The schedule will include Sunday mornings and will involve some evening and weekend working hours. The candidate reports to and is accountable to the Session. There will be a 3/6 month probationary period with a review at that time.
Remuneration: $24,000 annually.
Start Date: Flexible but by August 2018
- Selection of curriculum
- Teaching and leadership
- Supervision of special events (mission trips, VBS, retreats, etc.)
- Recruiting, training, and supporting volunteers
- Effectively communicating Collaborating with the pastor, children’s choir director, church school superintendent and other staff and leaders
- Administrative responsibilities
- Participation in the life and worship of the church
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Understanding and acceptance of Reformed theology and tradition
- Detailed knowledge for developing educational and recreational programs
- Leadership qualities and teaching abilities in Christian Education programs
Proficiency in digital communication (computer software, internet, social media, etc.)
- Demonstrates personal depth and spiritual grounding
- Demonstrates appropriate personal boundaries
- Promotes feelings of belonging among group members
- Acts as resource for teachers, parents, and children
- Elicits and responds to feedback from participants and families
- Copes effectively with change
- Demonstrates readiness to serve with enthusiasm, creativity, and flexibility
- Professional ministerial education desirable, not required
- Experience with Christian program development, including selection, development, execution and post-evaluation
- Police records check with vulnerable sector required or scheduled-to-receive
Resumes should be sent to email@example.com. Candidates under consideration will be contacted to arrange an interview.